CS 460/660 - Introduction to Database Systems
Final Exam: Thursday Dec 21st, 2017 at 3:00 PM until 5:00 PM in LSE B01.
The exam will be closed books but you are allowed to bring a 1-page (both sides) crib-sheet.
It should be of normal size (8.5x11 inches) paper, and should be submitted together with the exam.
You can also use a calculator.
Chapter 5: 5.1-5.6, SQL
Chapter 8: 8.1-8.4, Storage and Indexing
Chapter 9: 9.1, 9.3-9.7, Disks and Files
Chapter 10: 10.1-10.7, Tree-structured Indexing (ISAM, B+-trees)
Chapter 11: 11.1-11.2, Hash-based Indexing
Chapter 12: 12.1-12.6, Overview of Query Evaluation
Chapter 13: 13.1-13.3, External Sorting
Chapter 14: 14.1-14.6, Evaluating Relational Operators
Chapter 15: 15.1 - 15.4, A Typical Relational Optimizer
Chapter 16: 16.1-16.4, 16.7, Transaction management
Chapter 17: 17.1-17.4, 17.5.3, 17.6.1, Concurrency control
Chapter 18: 18.1-18.6, Crash recovery
Also, all the instructor's lecture slides that are on the web:
- The lecture slides on SQL
- The slides from Oct 11, 2017 (Disks and Buffer Management) until Dec 6, 2017 (Recovery).
· The exam questions will be similar to the homeworks and the exercises in the textbook.
· The questions will be based mostly on the material after the midterm in addition to a question on SQL; the emphasis will be proportional to the exposure in the lectures.
· The exam will be closed book, but you are allowed to use a 1-page (both sides) crib sheet.
· Time and place of exam: Thursday Dec 21, 2017, at 3:00 PM until 5:00 PM in LSE B01.
· Sample Final [PDF] Solutions to Final16