Data Management Lab @ BU
Selected Recent Publications
G. Kellaris, G. Kollios, K. Nissim, A. O'Neill.
Generic Attacks on Secure Outsourced Databases.
23nd ACM CCS,Vienna,Austria, October 2016.
X. Meng, S. Kamara, K. Nissim, G. Kollios.
GRECS: Graph Encryption for Approximate Shortest Distance Queries.
22nd ACM CCS,Denver, Colorado, USA, October 2015.
C. Mavroforakis, N. Chenette, A. O'Neill, G. Kollios, and R. Canetti.
Modular Order Preserving Encryption, Revisited. 36th ACM SIGMOD,
Melbourne, VIC, Australia, June 2015.
G. Kollios, and
Sharing Across Multiple MapReduce Jobs.
ACM TODS, Vol. 36, No. 2, May 2014.
Privacy Preserving Similarity Evaluation of Time Series Data.
17th EDBT, Athens, Greece, March 2014.
- G. Kollios,
M. Potamias, and
Clustering Large Probabilistic Graphs.
IEEE TKDE, Vol. 25, No. 2, February 2013.
Selected Professional Service
Current Students and Post-Docs
- ICDE Influential Paper Award, IEEE ICDE, 2014.
- Best Paper Award, IEEE ICDE, 2004.
- National Science Foundation, CAREER Award, 2002.
- Pearl Brownstein Doctoral Research Award, Polytechnic University,
New York, 2001.
Graduated Students and ex-Post-Docs
- Current Course: CAS CS 460/660 Introduction to Database Systems
- Past Courses:
- CS591 K1: S16 - Tools & Techniques for Data Mining and Applications
- CS460/660: S05, S06, S08, S09, S10, S11, S12, S13, S15, F15 - Introduction to Database Systems
- CS 112: F08, F09, F10, F12 - Introduction to Computer Science II (a.k.a. Data Structures and Basic Algorithms)
- CS565: F07 - Data Mining