CS 697: 2018 Schedule
The following topics will be presented in Room CAS 323B by the students listed.
Time: 10:10-11:25 am.
The cohort of students for a specific day should coordinate
among each other about topic coverage and length of individual presentations.
Regular attendance is required for a passing grade.
- Jan 19: Margrit Betke. Introduction, logistics
- Jan 26: Peter Gacs Reading and reviewing research papers.
Ali Raza (Krieger student)
- Feb 2: Sofya Raskhodnikova
Fellowships and internships.
- Feb 9: Margrit Betke. Being a scientist.
- Feb 16: Assaf Kfoury. On academic careers.
- Feb 23: Hongwei Xi. Research presentations
- Mar 3: Margrit Betke. Research presentations
- Mar 9: Spring Recess, no class
- Mar 16: Margrit Betke How to write a research paper. Faculty presenter: Betke
- Mar 23: Leonid Levin Research ethics.
- Mar 30: Margrit Betke
How to pick a research project? When/Why to leave a research project?
- Apr 6: Ran Canetti. Topic TBA.
- Apr 13: Margrit Betke. Topic TBA.
- Apr 20: Margrit Betke. Topic TBA.
Ahmad (Sasan) Golchin,
- Apr 27: Margrit Betke. Topic TBA.
Qi (Fred) Feng,