Data Management Lab @ BU
Selected Recent Publications
X. Meng, S. Kamara, K. Nissim, G. Kollios.
GRECS: Graph Encryption for Approximate Shortest Distance Queries.
22nd ACM CCS,Denver, Colorado, USA, October 2015.
C. Mavroforakis, N. Chenette, A. O'Neill, G. Kollios, and R. Canetti.
Modular Order Preserving Encryption, Revisited. 36th ACM SIGMOD,
Melbourne, VIC, Australia, June 2015.
G. Kollios, and
Sharing Across Multiple MapReduce Jobs.
ACM TODS, Vol. 36, No. 2, May 2014.
Privacy Preserving Similarity Evaluation of Time Series Data.
17th EDBT, Athens, Greece, March 2014.
- G. Kollios,
M. Potamias, and
Clustering Large Probabilistic Graphs.
IEEE TKDE, Vol. 25, No. 2, February 2013.
G. Kollios, and
A Generic Framework for Efficient and Effective Subsequence Retrieval.
38thVLDB (PVLDB), Istanbul, Turkey, August 2012.
Selected Professional Service
- ICDE Influential Paper Award, IEEE ICDE, 2014.
- Best Paper Award, IEEE ICDE, 2004.
- National Science Foundation, CAREER Award, 2002.
- Pearl Brownstein Doctoral Research Award, Polytechnic University,
New York, 2001.
Graduated Students and ex-Post-Docs
- Michalis Potamias (PhD 2011)(now at Google)
- Panagiotis Papapetrou (PhD 2009) (now at Stockholm University)
- Feifei Li (PhD 2007) (now at University of Utah)
- Vassilis Athitsos (Post-Doc 2007 ) (now at UT Arlington)
- Marios Hadjieleftheriou (Post-Doc 2006) (now at Lion Cave Capital, LLC)
- Xuan Zhang (MA 2011) (now at XJTU-HKUST)
- Ching Chang (MA 2006) (now at buuteeq. Inc)
- Yangui Tao (MA 2004) (now at Google)
- Bogdan Buricea (MA 2002) (now at IBM Romania)
- Current Course: CAS CS 591 K1 Tools & Techniques for Data Mining and Applications
- Past Courses:
- CS460/660: S05, S06, S08, S09, S10, S11, S12, S13, S15, F15 - Introduction to Database Systems
- CS 112: F08, F09, F10, F12 - Introduction to Computer Science II (a.k.a. Data Structures and Basic Algorithms)
- CS565: F07 - Data Mining